Background

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Solid


I haven't sewn on a layout for so long, and recently I keep thinking - with each new layout - that I ought to drag out the machine for this... this time I really wanted to... because I did!

My process was backwards from the beginning, I started with a scrap of Hambly left from another layout, some MM paper and a photo of my mom and sisters (and sweet Julian). From there I just searched my messy table for stuff to go with the two. A torn scrap from the recent Scrapbookers Clubhouse kit, Prima Say it with Crystals, Prima journaling card and some Maya Road ribbon from the same kit came next.

I topped it off with felt flowers from Making Memories nd Heidi Swapp centered with MM velvet brads. Although I had my title in mind from my first selection (the bricks of the hambly) I wasn't settled on the title "Solid" or on the Basic Grey alphas (also from the SBCH kit)... they came about after the final placement and stitching of the MM RicRack.

No comments: