Background

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Vintage-The Presentation and Card

I finished the Mini album for my supervisor but it wasn't "Complete". It needed to be "presentable"....





I couldn't just put the finished album in an envelope, I considered a tissue wrap but in the long run, I have a lot of chipboard and I had some papers and trims left from the project so I customized a box to fit and match the mini. I fastened a length of ribbon on the box bottom and used an eyelet to attach the ribbon in a loop around the buckle, so that it closes on the box like a belt.

The card was made using some extra pages that I had prepared and had decided not to use in the album. I used the same distressing technique for the gold foil doily parts and some stippled walnut ink on aone of the flowers. The paper was some I've had lying around for quite some time that was the perfect touch.

I left the package on my supervisor's desk, she took it home without opening it (after all, it was addressed to her and her hubby so it's fitting that they open it together) but I haven't heard anything. I am sure she loves it. After all.... I do!

I will post details on how to make the box in a day or so...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Maggi said...

That is really beautiful Sherry. I love everything about it. I am sure your supervisor will too!!

pamala said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful gift!