Background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

addicted to flowers

I have an addiction, and it is flowers. It doesn't matter if they're silk or paper or crocheted. I have the hardest time using those from my stash but since I discovered the multi-layered flower, I'm overcoming that hurdle. I spent a bit of time yesterday looking for flower tutorials and found a few good ones that I'm going to have to try before I share them here.

Then I wake up and find out that my friend Pam is having a blog candy event giving away flowers! Head over to Pam's Eclectic Stuff and see all of her beautiful creations, follow her blog and post for entries into a drawing for some gorgeous and glimmery flowers.

Here are some of my recent attempts to overcome my hoarding of lovely blooms:

There Lived a Beautiful Princess - scraps and MM blossoms make this pretty pink 6x12.

Nine is Fine - more MM layered with some paper doily petals and some Prima flowers, as well as some blingy Provo Craft flowers; some Colorbok glitter sticker letters and a Thickers "9" are arranged on a piece of black gloss cardstock that was once part of some bling packaging for McKenna's #9 Birthday card.

Love Heals - I hated to have to make this card, my Aunt was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and I wanted to send her my best wishes with elegance. Making Memories and Prima flowers on this card which was run through the Cuttlebug. The pink ribbon is some crushed velvet MM ribbon and the stick pin is also MM.

2 comments:

pamala said...

Gorgeous projects Sherry! Great use of flowers too! Thanks for posting about my blog candy. :)

Helen said...

Fantastic projects Sherry! I agree, I love flowers too!