Background

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Long Weekend (and Gratuitious Links)

It seems as though it should have been a 3 or 4 day weekend with all I've squashed into it. We went met up at the Theatre with Emily and the girls to see Twilight. I was thrilled! We were all thirlled! It was a great movie! It wasn't spectacular in and of itself but it was Twilight...! It was fun watchin with a 12-year-old girl and her friend, you get a completely different perspective of the movie.... ("I hate what they did with his hair"... "Oh now they're going to make-out"... etc.)

That was after work (for me, after school for the girls) on Friday. Afterward we went to dinner at the Training Table (great food) and had a great time talking Twilight and Disneyland. We were with the little girls we're taking along with us so it was neat to be riding the high of one event and having another one to look forward to.

Yesterday we had planned to stay home and do little-to-nothing. On e we toured the pantry and refrigerator, we decided to run out and grab something quick for breakfast because we didn't have the makings for anything we were in the mood for here. As we discussed locations we wished we had a Chick-Fil-A here in town. All of a sudden, Cindy turned the car around, the doggies were in for a treat, because we were going for a long ride into the city to get Chick-Fil-A breakfast (which was TOTALLY worth the adventure into the city-it was DeLicIouS!) and then we decided to hit the store for a few groceries and remembered that we also needed dog food. What started as a quick errand to give the pooches a short ride and get some eats turned into a day-long shopping trip. We hit Michaels because they were there. Then PetSmart, Whole Foods and Target. It took half the day to do that bunch of gathering. Later we remembered that we didn't have a few recipes with us or a list of the ingredients for them so we had to return home and later we headed to Walmart for the last bits. We should have all of our Thanksgiving incidentals by now...

Today I met with my mom to give her the tags I made for her Thanksgiving treats for her coworkers. I also helped her assemble the bags of goodies... ok, so I tied them and tagged them... I helped. We decided it would be fun to meet at Starbucks and do it, that way I could be in town when Cindy got off work and could pick her up and Mom wouldn't have to come all the way out here to my place. It took a couple of hours to get it done and we had gingerbread and coffee (chai for me) and tipped well while we used the table. It was fun and we're super-regulars so the "kids" working didn't mind (especially since we know how to tip). After we had all of the packets assembled, there was some time before I had to meet Cindy so we went to Walmart to kill time. We looked at clothes and shoes for little-ones and found (and Grammee bought) some sweet Princess shoes for Belle.

I had to drive to the Airport to pick Cindy up and then I had to wait because she had a terrible time getting off... some slacker decided not to show up for their shift and not to call to inform anyone of their intentions. I had to wait in the Park-and-Wait area (where there are no facilities and I was beginning to regret the second cuppa-tea) for 45 minutes, but I had a bit of a snooze while I waited.

Once Cindy was off we went to get my car (which had camped out over the weekend at my sis' place. While we were there, Alex was playing his Wii and the kids had just roused from their naps and were feeling quite silly. Belle was taking inventory of her Tinkerbell things including her Tinkerbell Movie and Movie Soundtrack and finally decided she wanted her poster (from the CD) on her wall in her room (after being asked by both her mommy several times and me, the day we got the CD). Jules was taking inventory of My Keys ("Sha-Sha's Keys"). He knows his name now, "Judi Fop". There's also "Mommy Fop", "Daddy Fop" and "Ablablable Fop".... oh and when Tinkerbell isn't "Lella" (Cinderella); she's "Ablablable" (same as Annabelle). He's also very concerned when he finds a DVD or CD case that's empty.... he asks, very intently for the "C.C.".... It's all quite wonderful!

I'm now sitting in a darkened room, enjoying some sit-down, peace and quiet. Ahh.... Relaxation...

No comments: