Background

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Santa Baby!

I know, it's just BARELY November... But I'm easily distracted and since I was supposed to make 3 birthday cards today, I was actually locating a surface on my scrapping table that I could possibly use... and I came across a piece of Rusty Pickle Christmas patterned paper. It had been hiding in a cabinet and had become scrunched in several places.

As I was pondering it's usefulness, I decided it would work well for cards, gluestick would hold it sufficiently down so that the crumpled parts wouldn't be too noticable if at all. I was off and running, making holiday cards.

I got to the sticker that said "Santa Baby" and although I didn't have a Santa, I was thinking of how to use the sticker anyhow, when I saw a pile of Imaginesce white flowers. They were half peeking out of a small stash of supplies I'd already used and I was reminded of Santa's beard. A red bling, some blue bling and a pink flower and all I needed now would be a Santa hat. This PP is riddled with Santa hats (although they look to the naked eye like harlequin-diamonds) Cut one out, fold it in half and you have a basic Santa hat. HOW you trim it is entirely up to you! You could just cut it in half instead of the fold but this paper was printed on one side only and I couldn't get that jaunty flip of the point if I hadn't folded it.

The trim is MM Snowflake trim. The bling is Darice (red/clear) and MAMBI (blue). I think the pink flower is American Crafts...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crystal said...

OMG thats so super cute I cant stand it. wow girl I cant say enough good things about it