Background

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Assignment #1 Complete!

My first assignment for the Sketches: Creatively Yours design team is complete, turned in and posted along-side some great work by others on the team... check them all out, you won't be disappointed.

The sketch is by my dear friend Ali and let me just say, she always knows how to force me out of the ole' comfort zone. This sketch almost kicked my butt... then the inspiration came after my bedtime one night when I wandered over to my paper cubby and found 2 sheets that I've loved for a long time but had no idea what to do with. That was it... the challenge of a sketch needed the challenge of papers (the layout itself and a previous post will tell the tale of the challenge of my layout-subject).

"In Spite of Chaos"
Journaling: "I have the hardest time following the simple rule: "clean as you go" so I am always trying to scramble through piles. Luckily I am able to create.... In Spite of Chaos."

Papers are some unknown brand that I got from Big Lots! a few years ago. I've loved them but never had "the project" for them. The photo is what my table looked like as I was working with the paper for the layout... (I actually made some progress in that area today)

The flowers are Cosmo Cricket Blackboard. Alphas are Thickers and "other". Ric Rack is velvety and is from Making Memories. The semi-circle chipboard is from MAMBI and was painted yellow then stamped in CTMH Sweet Leaf green ink with a herringbone stamp.

Sketch# 24 from Sketches: Creatively Yours is by Ali MacDonald

No comments: