Background

Monday, November 16, 2009

Kudos!

Today I found out I received Kudos of the Day at Scrapbooker's Clubhouse for this card:



This little creation took on a life of it's own when I started out with just white cardstock and some almost clear sequins. The Fall Ball mini crop that happened over this past weekend at SBCH featured a challenge to make a Celebration card that included the use of sequins. My sequins were rescued from a camisole and had been laundered enough that the colors were practically nonexistent. I used some alcohol ink directly on each sequin and they came out these great colors... which got me thinking "peacock" and after a quick web search for peacock clipart, I realized that the neatest ones I saw looked surprisingly like stamps I happen to have and I remembered a photo I had taken earlier this year. I really struggled with the "time to quit" on this. I couldn't figure out what I could do to embellish it further, then I realized that I was overthinking it.



So, some Autumn Leaves stamps, CTMH inks and a little creative license brought this fun little card to life and today it was honored with Kudos. I am very happy with the honor!

No comments: